Call your health care provider in any of the following situations. He or she will probably want to see you.
- You have nausea and vomiting that does not go away in 1-2 days.
- Your skin or eyes turn yellow, or your urine is dark-brownish in color.
- You have pain in your abdomen (belly).
- You think that you might have been exposed to someone with hepatitis or think that you might be at risk for any reason.
- You have other medical problems and think that you might have hepatitis.
If you cannot reach your health care provider, or if you have any of the following symptoms, go to a hospital emergency department without delay.
- You are vomiting and cannot keep down any fluids.
- You are having severe pain or high fever.
- You are becoming confused, delirious, or difficult to awaken