Prevention of heart attack and angina involves living what the American Heart Association calls a "heart healthy" lifestyle. Reducing your risk factors has a significant effect on reducing your risk.
- Don't smoke.
- Maintain a healthy weight .
- Eat nutritious, low-fat foods in moderate quantities.
- If you drink alcohol, use alcohol moderately.
- Engage in physical activity or exercisefor at least 30 minutes every day.
- Control high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
If you have diabetes, control your blood sugar every day.