If you or someone appears weak and dizzy while standing, dehydration is possible. If you cannot drink fluids, but continue to lose fluids through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea, you should call your doctor. If you appear sleepy or unaware, you should definitely be taken to a doctor or hospital's emergency department.
- If you have any questions or uncertainty, call or see your doctor.
- If you have any of the following symptoms, go to a hospital's Emergency Department:
- Blood in the vomit or stool
- Vomiting that lasts more than 48 hours
- Fever higher than 101°F
- Swollen abdomen or abdominal pain in the right lower part of the abdomen
- dehydrated (check for little to no urination, extreme thirst, lack of tears, and dry mouth)