If minor symptoms of aspirin overdose are experienced, call a doctor to see if
medication should be stopped or the dosage reduced. Minor symptoms include
ringing in the ears, dry mouth, and
For all other symptoms, call local emergency phone number immediately. Also
consider going directly to a hospital's emergency Department for evaluation.
Serious symptoms include the following:
Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms occur with
If a drug overdose is discovered or suspected, and the victim is unconscious,
having convulsions, not breathing, or is otherwise seriously ill, call 911
immediately (or the local emergency phone number) for medical help.
If the person who took the drug is not having symptoms, do not wait to see if
symptoms develop. Call the local
poison control center immediately. It is a good idea to post the telephone
number of the local
poison control center near the phone. This information can be found at:
American Association of Poison Control Centers.
Providing as much information as possible to the poison control center can help
determine what the next course of action should be.
People with acute, single ingestions of non—enteric coated aspirin of less than
150 mg/kg who have no symptoms and have a nontoxic aspirin level after 6 hours
may be released from the hospital. All others with aspirin poisonings will
likely be treated in the emergency department, then hospitalized for further
treatment and observation.
medications should be used according to your doctor's and pharmacist's
Click below to see more videos....